Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breathtaking

Leonid Afremov is one of my favorite artists in the world! I discovered him on deviantart, which you can find his page here: http://leonidafremov.deviantart.com

My favorites of his paintings are Lilac Fog, Sounds of the Fall, and Forgotten Date. I love the beautiful, bold colors he uses and the brush-stroke painting technique that is apparent in his paintings.

His paintings inspire me to create some of my own, but alas, painting is not my forte (nor will it ever be, much to my dismay). My fine arts appreciation teacher in college once told me that there are 2 kinds of people - those with the talent to paint and those with the talent to appreciate. Looks like I'm in the latter category. But at least there are plenty of beautiful works of art that I can appreciate!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment